Luke McCormick, the ex- British goalkeeper was born in Coventry during 1983. The origins of his profession bore a peculiar familiarity to that of a Hollywood movie. Followed meticulously by Sky Sports news, McCormick began his job in the 2003- 2004 season as the backup for Romain Larrieu. Improving to his position, McCormick received seven consecutive clean sheets and also went on to create a new club record. The Plymouth Argyle fans also voted him the most promising player of the year. He was then dispatched on loan to Boston United with League Two during October 2004, through Bobby Williamson who had been then the Plymouth Argyle manager.

He then transferred to Leicester City F. C together with Ian Holloway, a former Plymouth Argyle Manager. His career chart went up steadily and regularly from then on and McCormick gave impressive shows in the final matches in 2007-2008 season.

The cloud settled on his career the moment on June 7th, 2008, Luke McCormick was busted for suspicion of causing death by way of dangerous driving whilst he was on his way back coming from a previous team mates wedding. The Central Motorway Police Group, that was responsible for arresting McCormick, stated McCormick’s Range Rover collided with a Toyota Previa leading to the death of Aaron and Ben Peak of age groups 10 and eight respectively.

The driver in the car had been the children’s father who had been seriously hurt and also has to be taken to the Hospital Of North Staffordshire. It was subsequently discovered that he had sustained multiple fractures in the neck, ribs and his back and his lungs were also swollen. The other three passengers inside the Previa were cared for for minor injuries.

He had been charged with 2 counts of death caused by dangerous driving, driving with alcohol in his blood and also driving without insurance coverage by the Staffordshire Police the very following day. On June 9 he was presented before the Fenton Magistrate Court and also was granted conditional bail. On June 16 he appeared before the Stroke-on-Trent Crown Court in which the charges on driving without an insurance ended up dropped towards him. This particular case was ultimately tried during October 2008 when he was sentenced to seven years and 4 months of jail term.

Sky Sports news revealed that Luke McCormick pleaded guilty on the charges filed against him. The quantity of alcohol present in his blood had been twice the permissible drink and drive limitation. McCormick admitted to have fallen asleep on the wheel that night which led to the terrible accident.

The actual aftershocks of the incident started when on 22nd July, 2008 Plymouth Argyle cancelled Luke McCormick�s agreement of goalkeeper within a month from the accident. It was told to press people including Sky Sports News that the arrangement had been cancelled on mutual consent. He had also been terminated with Plymouth at the start of the month and also had been requested to not attend the pre-season training.

Conflict continues to surround Luke McCormick even now. He created some sort of storm the moment his prison team authorities sent a request towards the south Devon League to ensure that he could possibly play in the Division Two side. Within a report within Sky Sports news it was observed that a few South Devon League officials were displeased with this request because they believe that McCormick ought to be punished for his action rather than be permitted to spend some time enjoying football.